I don’t know about you, but when its hot outside in the summer I find it difficult to eat a heavy meal so I tend to eat a lot of salads. These three salads have been my go to lately so I thought I would share them with you!
Watermelon + Cucumber + Feta Salad
+ 1/2 watermelon cubed
+ 1 cucumber cubed
+ feta cheese (I prefer cubed over crumbled)
+ 1 red onion finely chopped
+ 2 tbsp olive oil
+ 1 lime squeezed
+ mint to taste
Toss all ingredients together and top with mint, olive oil + lime juice – so so easy and probably the freshest salad you will ever taste!
Cajun Mushroom Caesar Salad
+ 2 cups white mushrooms whole
+ 1 tbsp Cajun spice
+ pinch of salt
+ 1 tbsp olive oil
+ sprinkle of pepper
+ mixed greens (I like romaine, arugula + spinach mix)
+ 1 cup whole wheat croutons
+ 2 tbsp Caesar dressing
- Put mushrooms, oil + spices in a frying pan on medium heat. Cook until a little crispy
- Add all ingredients on top of mix greens + toss
This is a vegetarian version of a Cajun chicken Caesar and it is SO good! You can serve as a salad or toast up your favourite pita bread and have mushroom Caesar in a pita wraps!
Asian Noodle Cabbage Salad
+ 1 package ramen noodles
+ 1 cabbage, shredded
+ 1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
+ 1/2 cup slivered almonds
+ 1/4 cup peanuts
+ 2 tbsp sesame seeds
+ 1/2 cup light olive oil
+ 1/2 cup white sugar
+ 1 ramen noodle seasoning package
+ 1/4 cup plain white vinegar
- Put slivered almonds, peanuts + sesame seeds on a pan – broil until toasted (this happens quickly so make sure to monitor closely)
- Mix olive oil, sugar, ramen noodle seasoning + white vinegar in a bowl
- Break up noodles + add toasted nuts over your shredded cabbage. Pour dressing over + toss!
This salad is one of my childhood favourites, my mum would always make this in the summer when we would have BBQs.
– xo, meg
Welcome to my aesthetic